What you get
- Two consultations before your baby is born:
- One in person visit at your home
- One virtual visit (Skype or Google Hangout) with your primary and secondary doulas
- Birth preferences guidance to help you identify and desires and preferences for labor, birth, and baby care and create a document to communicate with care providers.
- Continuous support and non-pharmaceutical pain relief tools for labor and birth at home and/or in hospital.
- Two postpartum visits:
- Followup visit a couple of weeks after the baby’s birth.
- Breastfeeding support visit by Audrey if you are having lactation challenges.
- Resources and referrals for breastfeeding, community support, and other needs.
- Phone and email support during pregnancy and postpartum and 24/7 phone support for urgent concerns and labor.
- Postpartum breastfeeding support, including:
- Phone/email consultation with Audrey before the birth to answer questions and address concerns.
- Visit shortly after your arrival at home (as detailed above) if you are having breastfeeding issues or challenges.
- Ongoing availability by email.
How much it costs
Our birth doula package includes all the services described above. We offer it to mothers having a first baby for a flat fee of $1,900. Please ask about our discounted rates for second or subsequent babies.
How you pay
- First half of the fee is due when you sign our contract.
- Second half is payable at your first postpartum visit or within three weeks after the baby’s birth.
- If price is a concern, please let us know.
- We prepare an invoice for you to submit to your insurance company or Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).